These are Shy David's thoughts and opinions on rape. They
must not be taken as "gospel." Shy David is not a counselor, nor
has he any training or education in the subject. The reader must
understand that what Shy David writes here may or may not be
correct. He strongly urges readers to seek out qualified
help in this area!
Rape is never justified, as it is not justifiable. No excuse is
good enough. Rape is the violent, humiliating attack by men
(usually) against girls and women (usually), to dominate,
intimidate, and control them. Less often, but just as important
and just as unacceptable, rape is also violence and humiliation
commited by men against boys and other men. As such, it is not
about "sex" or "sexuality:" it is about abuse for the sake of
abuse. It is about the hatred and anger some men have
towards girls and women, and against boys and men who the abuser
perceives as feminine. The crime occurs in every social,
economic, age, and cultural groups. It occurs where ever there
is an imbalance of power between the abuser and his victim. The
actual imbalance may be physical strength, economic dependence,
mental and emotional weakness, or combinations of these. Rape is
non-consensual "sex," be it physical or emotional. Rape may be
commited without there being "actual copulation" and other
sexual acts--- "sexual assault" can also mean intimidation and
the threat of sexual abuse that is non-consensual. The
victimizer need not even touch his victim for assault to
It is never "okay" to commit rape!
Sexual contact with a minor is rape, since a minor, by
definition, cannot give consent. This means both females and
males under the Age of Consent laws, which differ from State to
State in the USA (and I assume from country to country).
Sexual contact with someone unconscious is rape. This
includes abuse of alcohol or narcotics, or if she is asleep. It
does not matter if the woman gave consent ten minutes ago and
then passed out: when she is unconscious, she is not in a
position to change her mind!
Sexual contact with someone who first consented and then
refused is rape. Every woman has the right to change her
mind, at any time. When she says "No," sexual contact
must cease. The woman need not justify her change of mind: she
need only inform her partner that she has changed her mind. It
does not matter if one thinks her reasoning is "not good enough."
"No" means "No!"
Sexual contact with ones' wife who has not consented is
rape. Marriage is no excuse for commiting rape. A man does
not own the body or mind of his spouse. A woman has the right
to refuse her husband! Still, in most States in the USA,
a man raping his wife is tacitly condoned. Only by educating
the Justic System can this evil be changed. Assault is always
assault, no matter if the abuser is married to the abused.
Sexual contact with ones' date who has not consented is
rape. Buying someone dinner, or taking her to see a play,
does not entitle one to have sex with her. This includes
groping. Paying for dinner and a play / movie is a gift to
her: not payment for services to be rendered!
Sexual contact with ones' girlfriend / lover who has not
consented is rape. Past sexual contact does not mean that
one can assume future sexual contact. A girlfriend or lover may
refuse to have sexual contact at any time in the relationship.
She need not provide her reasons for her decision: she need
only voice her decision.
It is important to remember that non-consentual sex is the
opposite of love, caring, nuturing, kindness, compassion.
A boy or man who cares about someone will never rape her.
Raping someone tells her "I hate you!"
"They can love, because they were loved." -- Gwenny The Pooh
- RAPE.002 I Never Called it Rape - by Robin Warshaw.
- RAPE.003 Rape Language - by Robert Emond.
- RAPE.004 Oklahoma throws away key when sentencing rapists.
- RAPE.005 She's Gotta Have WHAT, exactly? - by Donna.
- RAPE.006 Rape Language #2 - by Mike Arst.
- RAPE.007 BBS Rape - By Donna.
- RAPE.008 Early Promiscuity - Donna.
- RAPE.009 Gay Rights Leader Charged in Rape.
- RAPE.010 FYI here are some stats I've gathered the last time the rape thread made a go around - by Robert Emond.
- RAPE.011 Rape: weapon of war - by Angela Robson.
- RAPE.012 INDIA: Rape As Torture - PeaceNet.
- RAPE.013 Soldier raped by a sergeant during the Bush Oil War.
- RAPE.014 Spousal Rape - by Robert Emond.
- RAPE.015 Breaking Silence - The Economist, 28 July 1990. Publishing rapists' names.
- RAPE.016 Your thoughts on rape - Donna. A brutal "date rape.".
- RAPE.017 Resisting - by Robert Emond.
- RAPE.018 False accusations - by Ken Pangborn.
- RAPE.019 Defining Rapists as Insane - by Kim Storment.
- RAPE.020 UK "law" goes wrong again - by Dan Chalmers.
- RAPE.021 Number of Rapes hits new high - Washington Post.
- RAPE.022 80 lashes for raped woman - by Robin Murray-o'hair.
- RAPE.023 Pakistani women suffer many indignities - Times of India.
to Shy David's Home Page.